Hello we are Potton Primary School’s PTFA. We would like to give you an idea of how we fundraise for our school, and how the money is used.
The role of the PTFA is to raise money to help the schools provide materials, resources and facilities for the benefit of everyone who uses the School and assist in building a community of parents and teachers. The PTFA committee are a group of parents and teachers who meet regularly to discuss fundraising initiatives and organise events, and is supported by a team of parent volunteers who give their time to help at some of these events.
In the 2022/2023 school year we raised over £10,000 with events including :
- Our Christmas Auction of Promises, where local businesses donate ‘promises’ which are then auctioned. A great way for parents to tick off some Christmas shopping & last year this raised over £1000 thanks to generous local people.
- Sale of Christmas cards designed by the children
- The school Christmas fayre, hosted by the children within the school.
- Raffling hampers at the Potton Christmas lights switch-on, where the choir sing, a great local event.
- Our annual quiz night, last year this raised £2000, we had unlimited snacks & a fully-stocked bar!
- The Easter egg hunt on the school playground, a firm family favourite.
- Mother’s day & Father’s day gift sales
- The Coronation film screening, showing Encanto in the pouring rain. We discovered rain & candy floss are not friends!!
- Ice lolly & cake sales at the school in the warmer weather.
- Selling candy floss at the Potton Show
- Our new soon-to-be annual Colour Run event. Both children & adults enjoyed this event and we had a BBQ & bar in the sunshine. This event raised over £2500!
- We also applied for various local community grants.
Here is how we spent the money:
- We paid for two pantomimes in school for all year groups
- We covered the cost of celebration events for leavers in Year 6
- We brought new sets of reading books for the school library
- We purchased ‘bright clips’ to make the new-starters more visible when walking to & from school
- We purchased a candy-floss machine, which has already paid for itself!
- We donated £50 to each classroom to enrich their space.
The PTA meets once a month, at either Potton Primary School, virtually, or the local pub, we are very sociable! There is a good mix of new members and PTFA veterans but we are always looking for new members. If you would like to join the PTFA or even put your name down as a helper for any of our events, please either leave your details with the school office or email PTFA@pottonfederation.co.uk
Thank you, any help you can give really makes a difference.
Samantha Boyd – Chair of the PTFA