Family Support - Mrs H Desborough
We understand that school and family life are closely linked, and I am here as a friendly face and listening ear between home and school for your family.
If you need any support, help, advice or just a place to off-load after a stressful time, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Family includes everyone, so pupils, carers and parents are welcome to come and see me, even if it's just to get something off your mind.
When and where?
I am available every day between 8:30 AM and 1:45 PM. I can be available in the afternoons by arrangement.
We have a dedicated family support room in school, which offers a safe and private space to talk. If you have a toddler or younger child with you, we have toys, Play-Doh and some colouring equipment to keep them happy while we chat. I might even share the odd biscuit with them too.
How can you contact me?
- At the gate in the morning
- By phone. You can call the office, and they will put you through to me.
- Your child's class teacher may introduce us.
- Via email firstname.lastname@example.org
What services are offered?
- Signposting and local research.
- General advice and guidance.
- Getting the right support for positive parenting and managing your child's behaviour.
- Assisting and supporting you with meetings and external agencies.
- Offering you and your child someone to talk to.
- Support during periods of change e.g. illness, family dynamic changes, bereavement.
- Helping you to engage with your child's education
- Working alongside you to ensure that your child attends school each day.